cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: Cocoon performance tuning
Date Mon, 16 Dec 2002 07:39:26 GMT

Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> Steven Noels wrote:
>
> > I will hardcode it in the 2.0.4 branch, however - maybe we can do a
> > silent re-release then?
>
> big -1 to silent re-releases.
>
> releases *are* by definition immutable. The use of MD5 and SIG to
> check-out intrusion and trojianing would be screwed up by silent
> re-releases and perceived as security attacks.

As long as I do the releases, I will not do a silent re-release.
That's for sure.

Apart from the security points, Stefano mentions, think about all
the mirrors, CDs etc. containing a Cocoon release. You will totally
confuse people if there are two versions of any release.

And doing a 2.0.5 is not much more work than a re-release.

Carsten

Carsten Ziegeler
Open Source Group, S&N AG