cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject New Live Site
Date Sun, 29 Dec 2002 11:30:46 GMT
Dear All,

We release the new http://www.iniva.org site today, re-built from the
ground up.

I just went in to switch the DNS for www.iniva.org to a temporary
server while we fix up the new one (late next week). It will be a
couple of days before the new IP migrates through, so if you are
interested in a sneak preview, go to http://217.169.16.80 (temporary!!).

The new inIVA site is running from TomCat + Cocoon 2.1 + MySQL, in
HTML4 + CSS2 + WAI, no tables in the whole site!!! ;)

It is currently ≈ 2000 pages, it will grow to ≈ 10000 as the Library
relationships improve over the coming month.

I would like to thank all of you here for your help and support during
this project, I could not have done it without you ;)

It took ≈ 2 weeks of the project to convince the client to use Cocoon,
we must have saved at least that amount of time, by making that
decision, Cocoon has been superb!

I personally have about another month left on the project, thereafter I
am on the lookout for my next one ;)

Thanks again!

regards Jeremy