cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From leo leonid <...@leonid.de>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Include Jetty in Cocoon CVS
Date Tue, 03 Dec 2002 08:40:20 GMT

On Tuesday, December 3, 2002, at 01:14 AM, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> Yes, it's very nice for testing and embedding, like in this case.
>
>> mapping the cocoon's webapp to uri / gives some weird link problems.
>> the cocoon webapplication seems to prefer to be mapped to /cocoon,
>> or at least to some other none / only servlet uri.
>> Would be worth fixing this (when?) jetty is part of the release...

other than in tomcat you need a / as second Argument

   <Call name="addWebApplication">
     <Arg>cocoon.host.tld</Arg>
     <Arg>/</Arg>
     <Arg>/home/www/serv/webapps/cocoon204/</Arg>
   </Call>

the second (little) problem I had when I switched to Jetty concerned
paths in the sitemap: I had to change all redirects like

			<map:match pattern="">
						<map:redirect-to uri="start.html"/>
			</map:match>

by adding a /

			<map:match pattern="">
						<map:redirect-to uri="/start.html"/>
			</map:match>

I'm still not sure who handles this correctly. Tomcat does the same
thing, if there is a / or not. This makes me think that tomcat is less
precise.

If I was eligible for voting it would be +1. Jetty saved me days with
the short restating time.

/Leo