cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ovidiu Predescu <ovi...@apache.org>
Subject Re: flowscript save-on-back
Date Fri, 06 Dec 2002 07:22:20 GMT

On Thursday, Dec 5, 2002, at 03:21 US/Pacific, Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:

> Christopher Oliver wrote:
>
>> Ovidiu,
>>
>> I think the below would also work, without changing system.js or any
>> Java code by using Rhino with continuations extended JavaScript
>> syntax:
>>
>> [code snippet removed]
>
> Interesting!! Could you tell a litle bit more about how this construct
> works? What corresponds to the try block in ordinary exception > handling

You might also find interesting Christopher's documentation on the
continuations enabled Rhino:

ftp://ftp.primaryinterface.com/pub/rhino/README.TXT

>> [code snippet removed]
>
> IMHO the above code is complicated to follow and requires good
> knowledge about how continuations work to be graspable. I prefer the
> construction Ovidius construction proposed as it abstracts away the
> use of continuations. Futhermore, in general one need different code
> for collecting request parameters for different form pages.
>
> What about implementing Ovidius construction with the concepts you
> described? Maybe something like the following could work:
>
> // Similar to sendPage() in system.js
> function formSendPageAndWait(uri, bizData,
> collectRequestParametersFun, timeToLive)
> {
> catch (continue) {
> collectRequestParametersFun();
> }
> return sendPageAndWait(uri, bizData, collectRequestParametersFun,
> timeToLive);
> }

Yes, I think this could work fine. I'll give it a shot, once I have a
working Cocoon again.

--
Ovidiu Predescu <ovidiu@apache.org>
http://webweavertech.com/ovidiu/weblog/