cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: out of memory errors
Date Thu, 19 Dec 2002 21:17:57 GMT

On Thursday, Dec 19, 2002, at 13:39 Europe/London, Vadim Gritsenko
wrote:

> Jeremy Quinn wrote:

<snip/>

>> Where before I had a nicely working system, now I get nothing but
>> 'out of memory' errors!
>>
>> Latest Cocoon + TomCat 4.1.17:
>>  takes 2 - 3 minutes just to start TomCat (100% CPU)
>>  takes 2 - 3 minutes hitting /cocoon/samples resulting in 'out of
>> memory' (100% CPU)

<snip/>

>> Platform: MacOSX (Client) 10.2.2, JDK 1.3.1, 512 Meg RAM
>> Restarted between attempts to clear out any hosed JDK
>>
>> I have xalan-2.4.1.jar, xercesimpl-2.1.0.jar and xml-apis.jar (from
>> Cocoon) replacing xercesimpl.jar and xmlParserAPIs.jar (from TomCat)
>> in $CATALINA_HOME/common/endorsed.
>>
>> Anyone got any ideas what is going on?
>

> Memory leaks?

I guess .... but where?
This is only happening with the latest CVS of Cocoon 2.1, I am sure
someone else must have noticed by now, it's pretty obvious ;)

>> When I watch the system memory while this is going on, not all of it
>> is being used.
>

> On win/linux, one would do "java -Xmx384m ..." to eat up all your
> memory.

MacOSX too, but then I am using the same environment, and unmodified
standard startup scripts, so I cannot work out what would have started
causing this.

Thanks anyway

regards Jeremy