cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject out of memory errors
Date Thu, 19 Dec 2002 13:11:10 GMT
Hi Guys

I am putting together a release for a project I am working on, and
thought I'd try to use the latest TomCat (4.1.17) and the latest Cocoon
2.1 from CVS this morning.

Where before I had a nicely working system, now I get nothing but 'out
of memory' errors!

Latest Cocoon + TomCat 4.1.17:
  takes 2 - 3 minutes just to start TomCat (100% CPU)
  takes 2 - 3 minutes hitting /cocoon/samples resulting in 'out of
memory' (100% CPU)

Latest Cocoon + TomCat 4.1.12:
  same as above

Older Cocoon (approx 1 week) + TomCat 4.1.17
  acts as normal

Older Cocoon (approx 1 week) + TomCat 4.1.12
  acts as normal

Platform: MacOSX (Client) 10.2.2, JDK 1.3.1, 512 Meg RAM
Restarted between attempts to clear out any hosed JDK

I have xalan-2.4.1.jar, xercesimpl-2.1.0.jar and xml-apis.jar (from
Cocoon) replacing xercesimpl.jar and xmlParserAPIs.jar (from TomCat) in
$CATALINA_HOME/common/endorsed.

Anyone got any ideas what is going on?
When I watch the system memory while this is going on, not all of it is
being used.

regards Jeremy