cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Diana Shannon <shan...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs sticky tag problem
Date Wed, 04 Dec 2002 13:50:22 GMT

On Wednesday, December 4, 2002, at 07:13  AM, Giacomo Pati wrote:

> Can you describe the steps you've taken until you got this error
> (essentially the commands you've issued where in which repo)?

I maintain separate cvs directories for head and release files. After
checkouts, I simply use:
   cvs -q update -d -P
as needed. I don't like resetting sticky tags with -A because I'd prefer
to keep the cvs versions separate. I live in a rural area with only a
dialup connection, so checking out full cvs versions each time (as is
sometimes recommended) is  simply not efficient for me (i.e. that's why
I prefer cvs updates).

When I get into trouble, sometimes I delete the problematic directory,
but it didn't help this time. In the
   src/documentation/xdocs/userdocs/actions/CVS
I noticed that the text content for the Tag file is
   Ncocoon_2_0_3_branch
as opposed to
   Tcocoon_2_0_3_branch
as it is in other Tag files in other CVS directories.

Thanks.

Diana