cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <>
Subject Re: Handing over Cocoon Bean code
Date Tue, 31 Dec 2002 21:11:02 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>>> decide them yourself, as they seem more appropriate.
>>> When we will commit the patch, we could change them for consistency
>>> sake. I cannot help you more without seeing the code.
>> Agreed.
>>> Suggestion: org.apache.cocoon.environment.bean
>> Why? I don't see a cocoon bean as part of the environment.
> Stefano, please excuse me, but you keep asking questions and I don't see
> many concrete examples from you (either). It's difficult for me to keep
> track of all the discussions and reply to all your questions. Please
> help me find solutions and counterproposals. My energy is not infinite,
> please help me.

I apologize if you felt attacked, my friend, it was not my intention. As
I wrote, I'm asking why you think that a cocoon bean should be part of
the environment because I don't see it.

I'm not being cynical or ironic, I'm just curious! Please, don't get
offended if I'm being somewhat 'strict' on new proposals... I would love
to say 'please go ahead' for everything and I would have done that in
the past, but today several people are betting their economical ass on
the evolution of this project and we *must* take that into consideration.

This is why you probably perceive me as a roadblock sometimes.

But believe me, it's not because I don't value your contributions or
your (finite, I know) time/energy, rather the opposite: exactly because
I know you will stand the challenge I want to look for the best possible
solution and get everything I can out of this magnificent pool of talents.

I'm sorry if sometimes it gets a little frustrating. But I don't know
how to be friendlier than this and still pursue the task of keeping the
architectural design focused.

Please, never forget that I would not spending time replying to a
message if I didn't consider it valuable and I didn't appreciate your
effort in writing it.

> I could ask you, then what do you think a cocoon bean would look like?

the o.a.c.Cocoon class is what I already consider as a bean (or a
processor for that matter).. in fact, it was designed to be an Avalon
Block (and could easily become one)... at the same time, my vision is
limited and I wanted to see other visions and talk about them, that's
why I asked since you seemed to have a more precise vision.

> This is my simplified view:

> In essence (with the due changes):
>   void setInput(Object input);
>   void setOutput(Object output);
>   void morph() throws MorphException;
> How do I set input... etc etc etc
> So Upayavira, forget the suggestion and send the code.
> Let's see what you have done.

Stefano Mazzocchi                               <>

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email:

View raw message