cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Handing over Cocoon Bean code
Date Tue, 31 Dec 2002 13:14:21 GMT

Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>>
>> Upayavira wrote:
>>
>>> Dear All,
>>>
>>> I have got a prototype CocoonBean that I would like to make
>>> available. A few questions:
>>>
>>> 1) I have used my own package names, but would like to use
>>> org.apache.cocoon ones. What is the process for deciding these?
>>
>> decide them yourself, as they seem more appropriate.
>> When we will commit the patch, we could change them for consistency
>> sake. I cannot help you more without seeing the code.
>
> Agreed.
>
>> Suggestion: org.apache.cocoon.environment.bean
>
> Why? I don't see a cocoon bean as part of the environment.

Stefano, please excuse me, but you keep asking questions and I don't see
many concrete examples from you (either). It's difficult for me to keep
track of all the discussions and reply to all your questions. Please
help me find solutions and counterproposals. My energy is not infinite,
please help me.

I could ask you, then what do you think a cocoon bean would look like?

This is my simplified view:
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-commons-sandbox/morphos/src/java/org/apache/commons/morphos/Morpher.java?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

In essence (with the due changes):

   void setInput(Object input);
   void setOutput(Object output);
   void morph() throws MorphException;

How do I set input... etc etc etc

So Upayavira, forget the suggestion and send the code.
Let's see what you have done.

> Am I missing something?

             - verba volant, scripta manent -