cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: Moving forward cocoon.apache.org
Date Tue, 31 Dec 2002 07:46:34 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> Vision #2
> ---------
>
>  cocoon.apache.org
>   - cocoon
>
>  xml.apache.org
>   - forrest

Yes, since we have been at much length to accomodate people oblivious to
the fact Cocoon is running underneath Forrest and due to the possible
Apache-wide scope of Forrest.

>  incubator.apache.org
>   - xxx (was wyona)
>   - cocoblog

We should not make this part of the Cocoon charter and let these
projects decide for themselves IMHO. The incubator is open for all. And
of course, these projects will not have troubles finding sponsoring
members over here.

> This is today the suggested incubation path, even if it's not imposed if
> there are alternatives.

Totally unrelated, and only for projects which:

* don't have a sufficient community to move into Apache (we _must_
validate Wyona & cocoblog)
* are in desperate need for a CVS repository, Tomcat VM and some webspace

, can be stationed at cocoondev.org until they are able to stand on
their own feet or become part of a larger foundation.

> Ah, final note: this *HAS* nothing to do with any infrastructure
> concepts like 'cocoondev.org' and stuff. That's another concern and will
> be dealt with *after* we have a PMC established and we are ready to go.

Duly noted.

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org