cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] CVSView, a server-side CVS repository generator.
Date Tue, 31 Dec 2002 00:20:30 GMT
Michael Wechner wrote:

> BTW, does anybody know about plans to use or maybe already usage of
> Subversion within the Apache Foundation, especially since Greg Stein
> is the chairman of the Apache Foundation?

Basically, it has been decided over at infrastructure@ (but without an
official vote, just a collection of thoughts) that once Subversion is
finally shipped each project will have the opportunity to migrate from
CVS to subversion.

Of course, the goal is to move more and more projects to it, but I think
that given the number of tools that CVS has on top, it will take a while
before people are confortable for the switch.

Anyway, the foundation will *not* impose a technology on the various
projects.

But there is definately interest in moving away from CVS since it's very
limited.