cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: [warning] Wiki being moved
Date Mon, 30 Dec 2002 14:34:07 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> 1) the text in the search box should be white (now it's blue and there
> is no enough contrast against the background to read it well... also I
> don't think it should be a link)

Messy CSS, I guess. I'll see what I can do.

> 2) the left navbar contains a spacer that becomes visible (Moz1.2.1 on
> W2k) [you might want to change <hr /> with <br />, or tweak the CSS to
> make the <hr> separator look more evident]

I've seen this too - I hope tweaking the CSS might help, since the
separator tag itself is generated by the Wiki text parser
(TranslatorReader) inside JSPWiki.

> 3) I think that it is more pleasent looking if we move the "build with
> apache forrest" bottom from the bottom and place it in the left navbar
> (like below the RSS feeds, for example)

Good idea - I'll try and move (don't want to mess around with JSPWiki
code too much, however).

I have been thinking about mounting some Cocoon Generator on top of the
Wiki text sources, but unfortunately, the JSPWiki back-end isn't easily
wrapped as a Generator due to fuzzy parsing, and much context-awareness,
and the TextFormattingRules [1] are really twisted to _correctly_
implement with Chaperon. They are twisted enough that they are evidently
badly implemented in the JSPWiki itself:
http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=BlocksDefinition contains some
bad enumerations.

_____
[1] http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=TextFormattingRules