cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bernhard Huber <berni_hu...@a1.net>
Subject Re: Cocoon Sandbox?
Date Mon, 30 Dec 2002 10:37:01 GMT
hi,

> I have not yet committed the current mail patched because of a dilemma I
> hope you guys can help me solve.
sorry, no definitive this-is-the-way-to-go
from me.

> I can put it in the Cocoon scratchpad, and have it committable only by
> core committers, or put it in cocoon-apps, and have the authors come in
> with a lower barrier to entry.
that's the way we do it now, with the danger that its put there once
and gets forgotton...

> But then, is it an app? Souldn't it be a block? Same question for the
> new CVS stuff. What about a more open sandbox? What about a Cocoon
> blocks CVS? What about....

Hm, an app uses blocks, and may define some app specific stuff.
parts of stabilized app may be converted to blocks, that's
the way i see it.

for example the new cvs generator is put into scratch pad, sample
pages are put into scratchpad/webapp.

regards bernhard