cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bernhard Huber <berni_hu...@a1.net>
Subject Re: [IMAP Generator] status webapp
Date Mon, 30 Dec 2002 09:31:34 GMT
hi,

> Probably a typo, but you might want to use
>
>  http://apache.org/cocoon/mail/1.0

thx for the hint

>> 2. the javamail objects are created in reaction to
>> a request parameter named 'cmd'
>> cmd = list-folder-messages --> list all messages of a folder,
>>   headers only
>> cmd = cat-message-by-uid --> list message header plus its content
>>
>> 3. in the sitemap the RequestParameterSelector chooses depending
>> on the cmd the right stylesheet for converting the marshalled javamail
>> xml document to the apache document-v10,
>>
>> 4. A http session holds a MailContext object which stores mail
>> session, mail store, and folders
>>
>> that's just a short summary, still some work to do....
>

> how scalable is it going to be? I mean, how much stuff do you hold in
> memory?

per http session there is one MailContext object
MailContext object holds:
* javax.mail.Session
* bag of javax.mail.Folders
* javax.mail.Messages are not stored in MailContext
* requesting a list of messages of folders is queryied without
requesting the mail content
* as now marshalling a mail content marshalls the whole mail content
* as now marshalling of javamail objects is done in the MailGenerator,
   i plan to put the javamail objects into the request attribute, making
   these objects available to any generator,
   eg. one xsp picks only folder object from the request attribute,
     another xsp picks only messages.

hope it helps, perhaps you might want to explain
what's your scalablity concerns a bit more detailed :-) ?
i'm not very aware of scalability troubles, except long big volume mail,
and lots of mail message per folder.

regards bernhard