cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] CVSView, a server-side CVS repository generator.
Date Mon, 30 Dec 2002 03:49:05 GMT
Matthieu Sozeau wrote:
> Hi!
>
> 	I've been working on this lately and finally got it reach a
> 	distributable state and invite (urge!) you to try it. CVSView
> 	has the same basic functionnalities as the ViewCVS CGI, is generic
> 	(i.e. it just generates metadata about the repository's contents)
> 	and even documented! It requires both jakarta-ORO and the JRCS
> 	package currently in the jakarta commons sandbox.
>
> 	Tried only with 2.0.2 on GNU/Linux.
>
> 	Project page at: http://mattam.ath.cx/progs/CVSView.html

Way cool.

Some questions:

1) is there a way to connect to the last release of a file in 'review'
mode like for

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/xml-cocoon2/README.txt?rev=HEAD

2) does it work remotely? I mean, does it work if the CVS is not hosted
on the same machine where Cocoon is running (and no, there is no NFS
between them) [since you are using JRCS I would tend to think no, but
didn't look into the code so I'd rather ask]

The reason for this is that I would love to be able to have a running
cocoon publish documents *directly* from CVS, that is use CVS as a
versioning content repository, which is the step one toward a poor-man
(but not so poor on functionality!) CMS.

Will be very interesting for forrest as well.