cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Danny Mui <da...@muibros.com>
Subject HSSFSerializer - Extensions?
Date Fri, 27 Dec 2002 17:10:08 GMT

There are some features that HSSF supports that gnumeric does not, one
instance is setting fonts for the header/footer (among others).  This is
currently a need for my project I'm working on and I'm wondering how I
should go about implementing this.

Should I extend the schema to accomodate these new features?

I extended the schema to support a few things so far:
1) Added an 'inches' unit designation to pass-through the values for
margins since the 'in' unit requires conversion.
2) Added a &[FILE] attribute for the header/footer since excel supports
it but my version of gnumeric does not.

I assumed the above two would be acceptable but don't know how to
proceed on defining new elements.

Thanks!

danny