cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@dff.st>
Subject Re: Change in <esql:more-results> for postgresql
Date Fri, 27 Dec 2002 15:30:01 GMT
> This is why I started thinking about this issue and suggested the
> workaround. I think the solutions is not too ugly because is better to get
> 5 rows in a resultset than 8,000 or more, just to get the row number 5 and
> trigger the  tag.

Thanks for reporting, Antonio.

I've had a closer look. I think you are right. It's not too bad.

If one uses the esql:row-count tag (which is an additional count query)
it wouldn't be necessary to get another row because we know about the
total number rows of the result. But since I don't wanna force to have a
count query for everyone using the more-results tag I think we are
better off with the additional row - as you proposed.

I added this to the javadocs and all the different database query
implementations. Please crosscheck and report back if it works for you.
--
Torsten