cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: Javadocs: need basic package information
Date Tue, 24 Dec 2002 08:25:56 GMT
Bernhard Huber wrote:

> hi,
> i have read the thread
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=102056702426129
> again.
>
> i'd like to start it,
>
> i think writing a single packages.xml is better than maintaing 84
> package.html files.

IMO, a centralized XML file may not be better as far as keeping it up to
date is concerned :
- people may often forget to update a central file far away from the
source files.
- will people really go inside a large XML file containing 89 toplevel
elements to update a single package description ? I think no.

> * add a packages.dtd ala faq.dtd

I don't like neither constraining the content : package.html, as its
name states, accepts any html markup. Javadoc extracts the first
sentence to build the package summary table, but the file can contain a
detailed design description of the package, including tables, images,
etc. Sure, we don't have such detailed package.html now, but
constraining the content will definitely prevent it...

My .02 euro...

Sylvain