cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: build javadocs bug and out-of-memory
Date Tue, 24 Dec 2002 07:40:16 GMT

David Crossley wrote:
> The 'build javadocs' was failing for me with out-of memory
> and this is a reasonably hefty desktop (256 Mb RAM)
> JVM: Linux Blackdown-1.3.1_02b-FCS
>
> I found what the problem was. The 2.1-dev build has changed
> recently to gather the java source from various locations,
> using Ant <fileset> rather than <sourcepath>. This now feeds
> javadoc with *.java files rather than just telling javadoc
> the path and letting it gather the files. It seems to just
> consume more and more memory, and then fall over.

It was done to gather the javadocs of the blocks.
And as a fix to the memor problem, it was said to use a temporary file
for persistence.

> So i just made an experimental commit to the build.xml
> using <sourcepath> instead - this seems to fix it.
> Would others please try it out.

Does it do blocks too?

Probably the best thing would be to do the core javadocs first, and then
javadocs for each block that reference the main ones, or something like
that.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -