cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bernhard Huber <berni_hu...@a1.net>
Subject Re: [IMAPGenerator] Any interest?
Date Sun, 22 Dec 2002 11:21:43 GMT
hi,
<snip/>
> I'm very interested. It's something I had in my mind since long time
> ago. I still haven't figured out exactly, however, if it's better to
> have a Generator or a Source (using the Mozilla Imap URI scheme) for
> IMAP: I tend to prefer the second, but I really don't know what's best.

I think that accessing IMAP/javamail store is very similiar
to accessing a database from an abstract point of view.

you queryfolders or messages (SQL select)
you select message headers, message contents (SQL select)
you copy messages to other folders (SQL insert)
you query message content, setting read flag implictly (SQL update)
you remove message, folder (SQL delete)
you create new folders (SQL create)

Thus like for the SQL stuff in Cocoon
some features will reside in