cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HSSF Serializer Questions
Date Fri, 20 Dec 2002 07:45:46 GMT

Andrew C. Oliver wrote:
> Danny Mui wrote:
>

>> I'm currently in the process of enhancing the serializer to support
>> more features (one pending patch in bugzilla for gnumeric merged
>> regions..) and was wondering one thing.  Is there a reason why the
>> latest 1.9 dev snapshot is not being used as the target?  There's a
>> minor API break (getFormat -> getBuiltinFormat for 1.9) but everything
>> seems to work in 1.9 as it did in 1.7.
>

> I haven't gotten around to it.  I was waiting to see what happened with
> Morphos but I think that effort is effectively suffering from the
> jakarta-commons effect, so the show should go on.  Proceed.

Yes, please do. I'm the main Morphos developer, and my intention is to
bring it to Cocoon. For those that have seen Morphos, this is the idea:

1) use the Cocoon pipelines as MorpherPipelines
2) use Cocoon blocks as "Morphers"

This means that Morphos could easily become a simple frontend to Cocoon
pipelines without the sitemap, to be used programmatically.

Bottom line: please end in stuff :-)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -