cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Statistics and charts on Cocoon CVS available
Date Thu, 19 Dec 2002 08:33:02 GMT

David Crossley wrote:
> Giacomo Pati wrote:
>
>>Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>>>Looks really cool!
>>>
>>>And I really like the top 10 developers list...
>>
>>Yeah ;) it's like "web-promotion keyword cheating" to rank on 2nd
>>place with just two or three checkins. That's great!
>

> Giacomo, i think that that irregularity is because
> at one stage you re-structured a big part of the
> repository.

Yup, similar for me.

Everyone, don't look at that list, it's bullshit. Instead, *do* look at
the code graph that shows code scaling linearly. I find it interesting.

If you really want to look at the ranking, then do this.
Read "nicolaken". Hey, seems cool, he's third!
Then click on that name, and look at the chart. It says that *half*  of
the size I committed is Andy's patches.

The ranking says how much active a person is with the CVS repository,
not how much he commits of his stuff. So don't read it as "he does more"
but instead "he works a lot with CVS. Let's keep him monitored ;-)".

Then take a package that is important for you, and look at the stats.
For example:

The root coocoon package:
http://cvs.apache.org/~nicolaken/statcvs/module_src_java_org_apache_cocoon.html

The pipeline: