cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Added .src/deprecated code section
Date Thu, 19 Dec 2002 01:32:00 GMT

Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> As discussed before, and given the never-ending "module" name
> discussion, I've started the .src/deprecated section in the CVS by
> moving some deprecated caching stuff.
>
> This will help in maintaining Cocoon free from deprecated classes.
> The build system has been upgraded to make the jar after cocoon and
> scratchpad to attain the above goal, and javadocs are also generated.

Err, I just found out that the *deprecated* classes of caching are
actually used in many parts of Cocoon, even important ones, like
AbstractCachingProcessingPipeline.
I did this error because I had been compiling without doing a proper clean.

So I've included this

<!-- INCLUDE DEPRECATED CLASSES TILL DEPENDENCIES ON THEM ARE FIXED  -->
       <fileset dir="${deprecated.src}">
         <include name="**/*.java"/>
       </fileset>

in the build so that the deprecated classes are copied to the core
classes in the build dir prior to compilation.

This is not the solution, if someone could look into this it would be nice.

Below I've included the errors javac gives when trying to compile Cocoon
without deprecated classes.

     [javac]
C:\jbprojects\xml-apache\xml-cocoon2\build\cocoon\src\org\apache\coc
oon\transformation\CachingCIncludeTransformer.java:60: cannot resolve symbol
     [javac] symbol  : class CacheValidity
     [javac] location: package caching
     [javac] import org.apache.cocoon.caching.CacheValidity;
     [javac]                                  ^
     [javac]
C:\jbprojects\xml-apache\xml-cocoon2\build\cocoon\src\org\apache\coc
oon\transformation\CachingCIncludeTransformer.java:61: cannot resolve symbol
     [javac] symbol  : class Cacheable
     [javac] location: package caching
     [javac] import org.apache.cocoon.caching.Cacheable;
     [javac]                                  ^
     [javac]
C:\jbprojects\xml-apache\xml-cocoon2\build\cocoon\src\org\apache\coc
oon\transformation\CachingCIncludeTransformer.java:62: cannot resolve symbol
     [javac] symbol  : class IncludeCacheValidity
     [javac] location: package caching
     [javac] import org.apache.cocoon.caching.IncludeCacheValidity;
     [javac]                                  ^
     [javac]
C:\jbprojects\xml-apache\xml-cocoon2\build\cocoon\src\org\apache\coc
oon\transformation\CachingCIncludeTransformer.java:96: cannot resolve symbol
     [javac] symbol  : class Cacheable
     [javac] location: class
org.apache.cocoon.transformation.CachingCIncludeTran
sformer
     [javac] implements Composable, Cacheable {
     [javac]                        ^
     [javac]
C:\jbprojects\xml-apache\xml-cocoon2\build\cocoon\src\org\apache\coc
oon\transformation\CachingCIncludeTransformer.java:112: cannot resolve
symbol
     [javac] symbol  : class IncludeCacheValidity
     [javac] location: class
org.apache.cocoon.transformation.CachingCIncludeTran
sformer
     [javac]     protected IncludeCacheValidity currentCacheValidity;
     [javac]               ^
     [javac]
C:\jbprojects\xml-apache\xml-cocoon2\build\cocoon\src\org\apache\coc
oon\transformation\CachingCIncludeTransformer.java:257: cannot resolve
symbol
     [javac] symbol  : class CacheValidity
     [javac] location: class
org.apache.cocoon.transformation.CachingCIncludeTran
sformer
     [javac]     public CacheValidity generateValidity() {
     [javac]            ^
     [javac]
C:\jbprojects\xml-apache\xml-cocoon2\build\cocoon\src\org\apache\coc
oon\caching\SourceCacheValidity.java:64: cannot resolve symbol
     [javac] symbol  : class CacheValidity
     [javac] location: class org.apache.cocoon.caching.SourceCacheValidity
     [javac] implements CacheValidity {
     [javac]            ^
     [javac]
C:\jbprojects\xml-apache\xml-cocoon2\build\cocoon\src\org\apache\coc
oon\caching\SourceCacheValidity.java:80: cannot resolve symbol
     [javac] symbol  : class CacheValidity
     [javac] location: class org.apache.cocoon.caching.SourceCacheValidity
     [javac]     public boolean isValid(CacheValidity validity) {
     [javac]                            ^
     [javac]
C:\jbprojects\xml-apache\xml-cocoon2\build\cocoon\src\org\apache\coc
oon\caching\CacheValidityToSourceValidity.java:66: cannot resolve symbol
     [javac] symbol  : class CacheValidity
     [javac] location: class
org.apache.cocoon.caching.CacheValidityToSourceValid
ity
     [javac]     protected CacheValidity cacheValidity;
     [javac]               ^
     [javac]
C:\jbprojects\xml-apache\xml-cocoon2\build\cocoon\src\org\apache\coc
oon\caching\CacheValidityToSourceValidity.java:71: cannot resolve symbol
     [javac] symbol  : class CacheValidity
     [javac] location: class
org.apache.cocoon.caching.CacheValidityToSourceValid
ity
     [javac]     public static CacheValidityToSourceValidity
createValidity(Cache
Validity validity) {
     [javac]
     ^
     [javac]
C:\jbprojects\xml-apache\xml-cocoon2\build\cocoon\src\org\apache\coc
oon\caching\CacheValidityToSourceValidity.java:81: cannot resolve symbol
     [javac] symbol  : class CacheValidity
     [javac] location: class
org.apache.cocoon.caching.CacheValidityToSourceValid
ity
     [javac]     protected CacheValidityToSourceValidity(CacheValidity
validity)
{
     [javac]                                             ^
     [javac]
C:\jbprojects\xml-apache\xml-cocoon2\build\cocoon\src\org\apache\coc
oon\components\pipeline\impl\AbstractCachingProcessingPipeline.java:320:
cannot
resolve symbol
     [javac] symbol  : class Cacheable
     [javac] location: class
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.impl.AbstractC
achingProcessingPipeline
     [javac]         } else if (super.generator instanceof Cacheable) {
     [javac]                                               ^
     [javac]
C:\jbprojects\xml-apache\xml-cocoon2\build\cocoon\src\org\apache\coc
oon\components\pipeline\impl\AbstractCachingProcessingPipeline.java:321:
cannot
resolve symbol
     [javac] symbol  : class Cacheable
     [javac] location: class
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.impl.AbstractC
achingProcessingPipeline
     [javac]             key = new
Long(((Cacheable)super.generator).generateKey(
));
     [javac]                              ^
     [javac]
C:\jbprojects\xml-apache\xml-cocoon2\build\cocoon\src\org\apache\coc
oon\components\pipeline\impl\AbstractCachingProcessingPipeline.java:343:
cannot
resolve symbol
     [javac] symbol  : class Cacheable
     [javac] location: class
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.impl.AbstractC
achingProcessingPipeline
     [javac]                 } else if (trans instanceof Cacheable) {
     [javac]                                             ^
     [javac]
C:\jbprojects\xml-apache\xml-cocoon2\build\cocoon\src\org\apache\coc
oon\components\pipeline\impl\AbstractCachingProcessingPipeline.java:344:
cannot
resolve symbol
     [javac] symbol  : class Cacheable
     [javac] location: class
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.impl.AbstractC
achingProcessingPipeline
     [javac]                     key = new
Long(((Cacheable)trans).generateKey())
;
     [javac]                                      ^
     [javac]
C:\jbprojects\xml-apache\xml-cocoon2\build\cocoon\src\org\apache\coc
oon\components\pipeline\impl\AbstractCachingProcessingPipeline.java:364:
cannot
resolve symbol
     [javac] symbol  : class Cacheable
     [javac] location: class
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.impl.AbstractC
achingProcessingPipeline
     [javac]                 } else if (this.serializer instanceof
Cacheable) {
     [javac]                                                       ^
     [javac]
C:\jbprojects\xml-apache\xml-cocoon2\build\cocoon\src\org\apache\coc
oon\components\pipeline\impl\AbstractCachingProcessingPipeline.java:365:
cannot
resolve symbol
     [javac] symbol  : class Cacheable
     [javac] location: class
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.impl.AbstractC
achingProcessingPipeline
     [javac]                     key = new
Long(((Cacheable)this.serializer).gene
rateKey());
     [javac]                                      ^
     [javac]
C:\jbprojects\xml-apache\xml-cocoon2\build\cocoon\src\org\apache\coc
oon\components\pipeline\impl\AbstractCachingProcessingPipeline.java:416:
cannot
resolve symbol
     [javac] symbol  : class Cacheable
     [javac] location: class
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.impl.AbstractC
achingProcessingPipeline
     [javac]                                 validity =
CacheValidityToSourceVali
dity.createValidity(((Cacheable)super.generator).generateValidity());
     [javac]
                       ^
     [javac]
C:\jbprojects\xml-apache\xml-cocoon2\build\cocoon\src\org\apache\coc
oon\components\pipeline\impl\AbstractCachingProcessingPipeline.java:425:
cannot
resolve symbol
     [javac] symbol  : class Cacheable
     [javac] location: class
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.impl.AbstractC
achingProcessingPipeline
     [javac]                                 validity =
CacheValidityToSourceVali
dity.createValidity(((Cacheable)trans).generateValidity());
     [javac]
                       ^
     [javac]
C:\jbprojects\xml-apache\xml-cocoon2\build\cocoon\src\org\apache\coc
oon\components\pipeline\impl\AbstractCachingProcessingPipeline.java:432:
cannot
resolve symbol
     [javac] symbol  : class Cacheable
     [javac] location: class
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.impl.AbstractC
achingProcessingPipeline
     [javac]                                 validity =
CacheValidityToSourceVali
dity.createValidity(((Cacheable)super.serializer).generateValidity());
     [javac]
                       ^
     [javac]
C:\jbprojects\xml-apache\xml-cocoon2\build\cocoon\src\org\apache\coc
oon\components\pipeline\impl\AbstractCachingProcessingPipeline.java:538:
cannot
resolve symbol
     [javac] symbol  : class Cacheable
     [javac] location: class
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.impl.AbstractC
achingProcessingPipeline
     [javac]                             validity =
CacheValidityToSourceValidity
.createValidity(((Cacheable)super.generator).generateValidity());
     [javac]
                   ^
     [javac]
C:\jbprojects\xml-apache\xml-cocoon2\build\cocoon\src\org\apache\coc
oon\components\pipeline\impl\AbstractCachingProcessingPipeline.java:547:
cannot
resolve symbol
     [javac] symbol  : class Cacheable
     [javac] location: class
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.impl.AbstractC
achingProcessingPipeline
     [javac]                             validity =
CacheValidityToSourceValidity
.createValidity(((Cacheable)trans).generateValidity());
     [javac]
                   ^
     [javac]
C:\jbprojects\xml-apache\xml-cocoon2\build\cocoon\src\org\apache\coc
oon\components\pipeline\impl\AbstractCachingProcessingPipeline.java:554:
cannot
resolve symbol
     [javac] symbol  : class Cacheable
     [javac] location: class
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.impl.AbstractC
achingProcessingPipeline
     [javac]                             validity =
CacheValidityToSourceValidity
.createValidity(((Cacheable)super.serializer).generateValidity());
     [javac]
                   ^
     [javac]
C:\jbprojects\xml-apache\xml-cocoon2\build\cocoon\src\org\apache\coc
oon\components\pipeline\impl\AbstractCachingProcessingPipeline.java:615:
cannot
resolve symbol
     [javac] symbol  : class Cacheable
     [javac] location: class
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.impl.AbstractC
achingProcessingPipeline
     [javac]             } else if (super.reader instanceof Cacheable) {
     [javac]                                                ^
     [javac]
C:\jbprojects\xml-apache\xml-cocoon2\build\cocoon\src\org\apache\coc
oon\components\pipeline\impl\AbstractCachingProcessingPipeline.java:616:
cannot
resolve symbol
     [javac] symbol  : class Cacheable
     [javac] location: class
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.impl.AbstractC
achingProcessingPipeline
     [javac]                 readerKey = new
Long(((Cacheable)super.reader).gener
ateKey());
     [javac]                                        ^
     [javac]
C:\jbprojects\xml-apache\xml-cocoon2\build\cocoon\src\org\apache\coc
oon\components\pipeline\impl\AbstractCachingProcessingPipeline.java:649:
cannot
resolve symbol
     [javac] symbol  : class CacheValidity
     [javac] location: class
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.impl.AbstractC
achingProcessingPipeline
     [javac]                             CacheValidity cv =
((Cacheable)super.rea
der).generateValidity();
     [javac]                             ^
     [javac]
C:\jbprojects\xml-apache\xml-cocoon2\build\cocoon\src\org\apache\coc
oon\components\pipeline\impl\AbstractCachingProcessingPipeline.java:649:
cannot
resolve symbol
     [javac] symbol  : class Cacheable
     [javac] location: class
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.impl.AbstractC
achingProcessingPipeline
     [javac]                             CacheValidity cv =
((Cacheable)super.rea
der).generateValidity();
     [javac]                                                  ^
     [javac]
C:\jbprojects\xml-apache\xml-cocoon2\build\cocoon\src\org\apache\coc
oon\components\pipeline\impl\AbstractCachingProcessingPipeline.java:692:
[...]
oon\transformation\CachingCIncludeTransformer.java:260: cannot resolve
symbol
     [javac] symbol  : class IncludeCacheValidity
     [javac] location: class
org.apache.cocoon.transformation.CachingCIncludeTran
sformer
     [javac]             currentCacheValidity = new
IncludeCacheValidity(sourceRe
solver);
     [javac]                                        ^
     [javac] 30 errors

             - verba volant, scripta manent -