cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: xml-cocoon2 changes.xml
Date Wed, 18 Dec 2002 21:01:22 GMT
Antonio Gallardo wrote:

>Vadim:

Hi Antonio,

>Can you tell me where we can put the tag or a similar tag?

I know that currently session-fw data is not available from the XSP. In
the "long" term the best place for XSP <--> session-fw integration
functionality is the xscript logicsheet.

>The people that
>use XSP has not option to make use of <session:getxml> as is written in:
>
>http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/developing/webapps/authentication.html
>http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/developing/webapps/session.html
>
>This tag try to fill the gap. Also I am aware of that you tell:
>
><snip from="Vadim">
>Intent was to *deprecate* session-related
>functionality from request helper and request logicsheet and phase-out
>this eventually.
></snip>

My intent was to remove (Cocoon/Servlet) session functionality from the
XSPRequestHelper and move it into XSPSessionHelper.

>I know in the Java Servlet Specification 2.3 this functionallity is
>deprecated but nobody want here to comment nothing about that.
>
>Please dont get me wrong. I just want to contribute to this fabulous project.

In the mean time (before integration of xscript and session-fw), the
best way is to create separate session-fw logicsheet. The reason is that
session logicsheet is completely different thing and is not related to
the session-fw.

Vadim