cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: SQLTransformer and Transactions
Date Mon, 16 Dec 2002 14:26:59 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:
<snip/>
> I consider that getting a connection from the pool for each
> <execute-query> creates some unnececessary load on the pool. So I would
> go for the first solution (use the same connection).
I will try that.

There will still be a need for new connections for sub queries, to reuse
the same connection for sub queries as well one would need to cache the
result from the embedding query. As I haven't used subqueries yet and
don't know what typical use cases are, I can't evaluate the consequnces
of such cashing, any ideas?

/Daniel Fagerstrom