cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Move Sources and Modules as top-level Cocoon components
Date Sun, 15 Dec 2002 12:58:16 GMT
Giacomo Pati wrote:

>On Sat, 14 Dec 2002, Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>
>>Giacomo Pati wrote:
>>
>>>On Sat, 14 Dec 2002, Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>>>
>><snip/>

>>>Yes. But the problem is IIRC only with the root sitemap, right?
>>>
>>This is currently a problem with the root sitemap, but actually this is
>>with sitemaps that don't have a parent. Blocks sitemap will fall in this
>>category, otherwise the vision of reusable blocks that can be downloaded
>>from a central repository would not be implementable.
>>
>>So this problem is going to be even more present with blocks.
>>

>I don't get this.

Let's try it another way : a block has to be as independent as possible.
It can have dependencies on other blocks, but the block's sitemap cannot
IMO rely on a particular set of sitemap components to be declared in the
root sitemap, and must therefore declare _all_ sitemap components that
are used by the block.

This means that a block's sitemap will also contain a large
<map:components> section, just like root sitemaps.

Therefore, with blocks, we will not only have large <map:components> in
the root sitemap, but also in every block's sitemap.

Hope it's clearer ;-)

Sylvain