cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: [Proposal] A little reworking of the Cocoon Command Line
Date Wed, 11 Dec 2002 13:44:42 GMT
Upayavira wrote:

>Dear All,

>2. org.apache.cocoon.ProgrammaticInterface (or some such name):

The name of CocoonBean was proposed some time ago for the class with
such functionality.

> this would be a
>programmatic interface to running Cocoon. To start with, it would just give an Interface

>to the functionality currently provided within the Cocoon command line. So you could
>have code such as:
>
>  ProgrammaticInterface cocoon = new ProgrammaticInterface();
>  cocoon.setFollowLinks(true);
>  cocoon.setLogLevel(DEBUG);
>  cocoon.process();

There are two levels to Main.java functionality:
  1. Process one request
  2. Process multiple requests, using multiple starting URLs and/or
crawling.

You suggest implementing programmatic interface for 2nd level. I think
it is more important to have it for the 1st level. Example method can be:

  cocoon.process(input, output);

Where input can be String - URL with Parameters (or Environment), and
output is OutputStream.

Vadim