cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: Cocoon performance tuning
Date Tue, 10 Dec 2002 12:15:18 GMT
Konstantin Piroumian wrote:

> It was just a proposal, you'll need to implement that somehow ;-)
> Hint: you can implement it in CocoonServlet to allow -D options to override
> default settings, such as cocoon.xconf, logkit.xconf locations, etc.
> Usability hint: Weblogic have simple RUNMODE (or so) parameter in the
> startup script and depending on it, it loads the needed configuration.

Jira does all this (not for performance, for db-config stuff) using Ant,
and HTTPD provides a high-performance httpd.conf example. Maybe we can
include some alternate configs inside the .war and add a
README-performance.txt

Still, I think DEBUG is too low-level of a loglevel to be configured by
default. So maybe we should switch things around and provide a
README-debug.txt instead :)

> Another hint: you'll need to setup separate *.xconf configurations at least
> for cocoon.xconf - to tune the perfomance and cache, and a logkit.xconf -
> for debug levels. Probably, it can be done only by changing the web.xml (and
> there you'll also will need to set the log level).

Thanks!

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org