cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Implementing XMLForm with Flow
Date Sun, 08 Dec 2002 19:11:50 GMT
Ivelin Ivanov wrote:
> [...]

Only one thing: why it's great to have somebody playing devil's advocate
and somebody else excited about something new, let's not forget that we
*all* are working in the same team and for the same direction.

This community has been so far wonderful to reject the notion of code
and idea ownership because everybody here understands how valuable is
the notion of 'being proven wrong so that you can learn something new'.

But this requires openmindness and respect for others, which are
sometimes hard to find in talented people.

Also, consider that everybody is different: what can be easy for you,
might not be easy for your neightbour and viceversa.

So, when I say "I hate actions", that doesn't mean "then you should hate
them too".

Also, when I say "I love the concept of flowscript", maybe I'll change
my mind after I wrote 1000 lines of flowscript! (that's how I got to
hate actions, BTW, having to write a 1000-lines long and 7-nested layers
deep sitemap for my webapp due to action complexity!)

So, bottom line: it's great to compete, but *only* if there is respect
and openmindness.

I will do whatever it takes to make sure that technical competition
doesn't ignite personal friction on this list.

I sincerely hope that all of you follow me on this path and leave
code/idea onwnership feelings aside in order to have a much greater time
and being able to learn even more from this experience.

Thank you

[again, Ivelin, this is not personal to you, just that you happen to
inspire me a lot these days... ah, btw, you still didn't trim your posts!!!]