cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Portier <...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: Changes made to flow system.js
Date Fri, 06 Dec 2002 16:00:53 GMT

Christian Haul wrote:
> On 06.Dec.2002 -- 04:07 PM, Marc Portier wrote:
>
>>Giacomo, Sylvain,
>>
>>I see my remark wasn't that stupid after all (taking as an
>>argument the fact the statistic unlikeliness of having exact
>>equal idiots) Sorry, for not earlier reading deeper down the
>>thread though...
>>
>>only I'm not ready to give in yet...
>>
>>is making a continuation really atomicly linked to sending a
>>page?  Your argumentation makes me see that:
>>Rather then 2 there are 3 concerns covered in the sendPageAnd...
>>I guess it's more like
>>makeAContinuationRef_And_UseItToSendPage_And_SafeStateForNextRequest
>>:-)
>

> The problem is that you need to have something to place on the page
> that links to the continuation id. Thus you need to have your
> continuation before sending the page. Hence suspending and sending is
> one atomic operation.
>
> 	Chris.

Now I see it: when the page is sent the links are available to be
clicked upon and thus the 'state' should be there.

I only considered the creation part ATM (and there I argumented
that for creating the URI-links you don't need to save the state
yet)

Think I got it now, so we are back to the straightforward naming
discussion... thinking back of my highschool-basic-time this
kinda boils down to finding the equivalent of

  0 CLS
10 PRINT "This is only out:"
20 INPUT "This prompt asks you to enter something:" , answer

which would make me advocate

for the output only:
   sendPage("name-o-page") or even
   printPage(...) or