cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <u....@cbim.it>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Implementing XMLForm with Flow
Date Fri, 06 Dec 2002 08:37:10 GMT
Ivelin Ivanov wrote:
> Sorry I wasn't clear before.
> I know you can call Java from the flow.
> The question is how to use the flow in a way which significantly reduces
> code
> while making the maintenance easier and improving the readability.
>
> Try to beat the existing XMLForm wizard demo.
> If you succeed, it will be great !
>
> Fingers crossed,
>
> Ivelin

While reducing the amount of code would be a worthwile goal per se, my
aim is different. First, I like flow more than actions (I think I'm not
alone in that). And second, I want to enable more people (mainly inside
my organization) to be able to "script" web applications and I think
JavaScript could significantly lower the activation threshold in that
respect. Shorten the
edit/compile/correct-errors/deploy/reload-cocoon/test cycle and maybe
you can be more productive. At least, I hope so. I also want to have a
cleaner and more declarative sitemap.

All of this, of course, while reusing most of what you have already
done. Reusing the Validator and SchematronValidator is a piece of cake.
Reusing the Form and the XMLFormTransformer might be harder, I still
don't know.

	Ugo

--
Ugo Cei - http://www.beblogging.com/blog/