cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Profiling Cocoon for cheapskates
Date Thu, 05 Dec 2002 21:39:05 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
> Stuart Roebuck wrote:
>
>> I need to do some code optimization / profiling on Cocoon and some
>> additional Cocoon libraries we've built.  This raises an issue which
>> I  thought might be of general interest, and hoped might open up some
>> new  avenues of profiling discovery!
>>
>> If there was an open source based approach to profiling Cocoon code,
>> I  would be happy to write up the process to aid others in the future.
>>
>> x--------------------x
>> x  Unfortunately...  x
>> x--------------------x
>>
>> * We're on a budget and can't afford to pay $400+ per seat for a
>> commercial profiling tool.

> OptimizeIt costs money, but I've got a license... I *will* profile
> Cocoon sometime again, and would do it sooner, but my unfortunate
> schedule moves this event to the 1Q or 2Q of the next year.

I got a 30-days evaluation license of OptimizeIt and run it against
Cocoon a while ago and I found out that cocoon (talking about CVS HEAD)
is pretty well optimized already, expecially for memory consumption over
requests.

Look into the mail archives for that message since I sent a report here
to the list.