cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher Oliver <>
Subject Re: Flow wishlist :)
Date Thu, 05 Dec 2002 16:06:24 GMT

Ovidiu Predescu wrote:

>> Instead of putting in "convenience" features like this I think it
>> would be more valuable to make other view layers (Velocity, JSP's)
>> accessible to the flow layer. If someone familiar with the internals
>> of Cocoon wants to help me out I'd be interested in contributing to
>> this.
> I could help you here. You've already done work for Velocity, it's
> just a matter of integrating them in the current system.

OK. Then we need some way of populating the Velocity context with the
argument from sendPage() and the WebContinuation object. What's the best
way of doing this? Also the Velocity introspector I wrote for JavaScript
requires Velocity 1.4 dev. Is that going to be a problem?

> With respect to JSP, I think we can directly use JSTL which has
> strikingly similar features as the JPath logicsheet. The only
> difference is that instead of an XPath notation to access objects, it
> uses a dotted notation. Other than that the features are very similar.

OK. Then I guess I'd have basically the same question here. What's the
best way to make the sendPage() argument and continuation object
accessible to JSTL?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email:

View raw message