cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher Oliver <res1c...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: flowscript save-on-back
Date Thu, 05 Dec 2002 15:28:30 GMT
Hi Daniel

Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:

> Interesting!! Could you tell a litle bit more about how this construct
> works? What corresponds to the try block in ordinary exception handling

There is no corresponding try block in this case. See section 2.2 in
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=102781075226697&w=2

> IMHO the above code is complicated to follow and requires good
> knowledge about how continuations work to be graspable. I prefer the
> construction Ovidius construction proposed as it abstracts away the
> use of continuations.

I agree, that you need to be aware of  the existence of continuations.

> Futhermore, in general one need different code for collecting request
> parameters for different form pages.

You can provide different such catch blocks in each function that
collects request parameters.

> What about implementing Ovidius construction with the concepts you
> described? Maybe something like the following could work:
>
> // Similar to sendPage() in system.js
> function formSendPageAndWait(uri, bizData,
> collectRequestParametersFun, timeToLive)
> {
> catch (continue) {
> collectRequestParametersFun();
> }
> return sendPageAndWait(uri, bizData, collectRequestParametersFun,
> timeToLive);
> }

I think that would also work.

Regards,