cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <>
Subject Re: [SHOWSTOPPER?] Mixed sessions
Date Thu, 05 Dec 2002 10:55:42 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>we have several reports that under some cicumstances it
>seems that sessions are mixed. It seems that under
>heavy load a user A might get the session of user B.
>Now generally I would call this a showstopper for
>the 2.0.4 release.
>Unfortunately we don't have a reproducable test case
>for this - does anyone have one?
>Or are these problems not related to Cocoon but
>to any third party components?
>I suggest that as long as the reason for this
>problem is not found, we should delay the release.
>What do you think?

I guess you're referring to the "[Authentication] - User with mixed
Sessions" thread on cocoon-users, right ?

This problem is IMO more related to proxy configuration than to Cocoon,
at it seems that the proxy doesn't distinguish requests having different
session cookies.

So this should affect *every* servlet application and not Cocoon in
particular, and therefore I wouldn't consider it as a showstopper.

Nevertheless, we shouldn't ignore this problem, and see if we can use
the cache information available in the pipeline to automatically set the
"Cache-Control" header. But this can come in a future version.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email:

View raw message