cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: Redirect problem in Cocoon+Jetty... or is it Tomcat?
Date Wed, 04 Dec 2002 17:25:08 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> Grab the latest Cocoon from CVS, and launch "build run".
> Then point the browser to http://localhost:8888/
>
> The redirect doesn't work it seems...
>
> Then point to http://localhost:8888/samples/
> It should redirect to http://localhost:8888/samples/welcome but
> instead it redirects to http://localhost:8888/welcome (one step back)
>
> Then goto http://localhost:8888/samples/misc
> It redirects to http://localhost:8888/samples/welcome
>
> Now, if I put a / in front of the redirect url (should be relative to
> servlet context, no?) it seems to work.
>
> There is something wrong with the redirection-resolving, but honestly
> I don't know if the problem is in Tomcat, that makes it all work,
> Cocoon or Jetty.
>
> What is the correct behaviour?

I believe that correct behavior of servlet engine is to not mess with
redirect URL but send them to browser without change, and browser should
interpret them.
Thus, redirect without starting "/" should work without problem.

WebSphere (some 4.0.?? versions ) is known to do weird things with
redirect URLs, grep Cocoon sources for "WebSphere" to see a workaround.

Vadim