cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: [SHOWSTOPPER] Regression test fails
Date Tue, 03 Dec 2002 22:18:32 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I found out several failures on the following regression tests:
>
> 1) http://localhost:8080/cocoon/sub/xsp-dynamic test does not go
> through anymore: XSP generation date never changes (same for
> http://localhost:8080/cocoon/sub/all-dynamic)

I introduced this change while solving a bug in the XSP engine (see
http://www.mail-archive.com/cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org/msg21575.html). In
ProgramGeneratorImpl, the XSP was *always* recompiled if it's source's
getLastModified() returns zero (SitemapSource always returns zero).

This is very constraining in a production environment, so I removed this
check in ProgramGeneratorImpl and let the decision be taken by the XSP's
modifiedSince() method which can be overriden in an <xsp:logic>

I just updated AbstractServerPage to add the zero-check in the default
implementation of modifiedSince().

Bug fixed !

> 2) When XSP is generated from cocoon:/sub/xsp-source, file is wrongly
> created in
> ...\jakarta-tomcat-4.1.16\work\Standalone\localhost\cocoon\cocoon-files\org\apache\cocoon\www\cocoon_\_\sub\xsp_source.java

> instead of
> ...\jakarta-tomcat-4.1.16\work\Standalone\localhost\cocoon\cocoon-files\org\apache\cocoon\www\sub\xsp_source.java

It seems to me this is the correct behaviour, since the XSP source is
obtained through a "cocoon:" source and not a file (see
IOUtils.normalizedFilename)

> 3) When root sitemap is generated from the sitemap.xmap file, Java
> source file is wrongly created in
> ...\jakarta-tomcat-4.1.16\work\Standalone\localhost\cocoon\cocoon-files\org\apache\cocoon\www\file_\C_\apache_bin\jakarta_tomcat_4_1_16\webapps\cocoon\sitemap_xmap.java

> instead of
> ...\jakarta-tomcat-4.1.16\work\Standalone\localhost\cocoon\cocoon-files\org\apache\cocoon\www\sitemap_xmap.java

?? works for me with tomcat 4.1.12

> 4) http://localhost:8080/cocoon/sub/generror does not reset content
> anymore: it shows parts of generated page and error report. AFAIR, it
> showed only error report in 2.0.3 release.

Same here, and no clue on that one (time to go to sleep...)

> Seems that source resolving is broken in current 2.0.4-dev. Does
> anybody have a clue?

Could this be related to TC 4.1.16 ?

Sylvain