cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Blocks confusion - dependency issue
Date Sun, 01 Dec 2002 21:12:18 GMT

I've made a jsp block on my hd  and tried to compile it, when I got six
exceptions about class not found. Here's one:

C:\jbprojects\xml-apache\xml-cocoon2\build\cocoon\blocks\jsp\src\org
\apache\cocoon\components\jsp\JSPEngineImplWLS.java:157: package
weblogic.servlet.internal does not exist

Eeeeck, this would be a block with a conditional compilation upon a
package I don't have... do I need weblogic to compile it? Because is I
don't compile the class, the block is not complete, and it's not good.

On the other hand, I can make a mock object to compile the classes, but
then I have a block that has an optional dependency, and don't know how
we will make the dependency resolution work with optional stuff.

So IMHO the real options are:
1) use mock objects
2) divide the block in two: jsp-block and jsp-weblogic-block

I prepend for (1), but it still doesn't satisfy me completely... heeeelp!

             - verba volant, scripta manent -