cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [proposal] board resolution version 1.1
Date Sun, 01 Dec 2002 11:46:34 GMT
Steven Noels wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
>
>> Earlier in this thread i alerted the list to what i see
>> as a major flaw. I think that the answer is simple:
>> The initial PMC is formed from "all committers" - the
>> whole list at xml-cocoon2/who.xml no matter what their
>> status. They can take themselves off the PMC if they
>> wish. No distinction is the best way.
>

> To be really correct, I assume we need use the avail list:
>
> bash-2.04$ cat /home/cvs/CVSROOT/avail | grep xml-cocoon2
> avail|
>
> twl,stefano,balld,ricardo,rubys,ben,zvia,giacomo,gears,bmclaugh,
> bloritsch,rossb,jeremy,greenrd,dims,ssahuc,prussell,cziegeler,donaldp,
> mman,sylvain,vgritsenko,haul,morrijr,crossley,ovidiu,tcurdt,gianugo,
> froehlich,huber,dirkx,butlermh,nicolaken,ivelin,kpiroumian,shannon,
> proyal,stephan,coliver,crafterm,acoliver,stevenn,bdelacretaz
>
>  |xml-cocoon,xml-cocoon2,xml-cocoon2-apps,xml-site,xml-commons
>
> ... and invite all people explicitely. People who have lost interest in
> Cocoon won't answer the invitation then.

I like this.

I also agree with David that 'active committer' is not exactly easy to
define (also, that's right, from that standard I'm not that 'active'
code-wise)

So, what about doing this:

  1) I write email to everyone listed there (and will copy this mail list)

  2) they have 72 hours to reply to that email indicating their interest
in partecipating (replying privately to me or publicly as they wish)

  3) at the end, I'll post here the list of people that replied and
we'll include them in the proposal.

  [if they take longer to reply, we'll add them anyway, we don't need to
be that strict]

NOTE: the message will contain a description of what does it mean to be
part of a PMC.

What do you think?