cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: SourceFactory considered harmful (Bug #15279)
Date Sun, 15 Dec 2002 11:13:17 GMT

On Saturday, Dec 14, 2002, at 22:44 Europe/London, Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> So I propose to strongly deprecate URLFactories (means @deprecate the
> source and issue a warning in the logs if some are declared), and
> rewrite existing implementations as SourceFactories.
>
> Thoughts ?

You could well be right Sylvain .... but please keep in mind, when I
re-factored SourceWritingTransformer (in 2.1) after Carsten's
additions, this particular aspect (resolving the different Sources) was
the bit I really did not understand very well! Are we sure that is is
implemented correctly in SWT in the first place? (!!)

regards Jeremy