cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Moving forward cocoon.apache.org
Date Tue, 31 Dec 2002 09:19:27 GMT
On Mon, Dec 30, 2002 at 06:05:55PM -0800, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> Vision #1
> ---------
>
>  cocoon.apache.org
>      - Cocoon
>      - Forrest
>      - CocoBlog
>      - Wyona

> I don't know what the forrest people think about this. So let's hear it.

-0.  IMO, Cocoon and Forrest are peer projects.
http://cocoon.apache.org/forrest/ would look a bit odd.

This model has some advantages though. Perhaps it's time to implement the
'federation' idea.  Eg, a common book.xml snippet for 'related' projects,
and a general@cocoon.apache.org mailing list for discussion of issues
affecting all Cocoon-using projects.

> The alternative vision is
>
> Vision #2
> ---------
>
>  cocoon.apache.org
>   - cocoon
>
>  xml.apache.org
>   - forrest

+1

>  incubator.apache.org
>   - xxx (was wyona)
>   - cocoblog

I assume xxx and cocoblog would eventually become top-level projects, not
projects under cocoon.apache.org.

--Jeff