cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Haul <h...@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Subject Re: current status of global input module / variables
Date Thu, 19 Dec 2002 11:20:57 GMT
On 19.Dec.2002 -- 10:45 AM, Jeremy Quinn wrote:

> On Thursday, Dec 19, 2002, at 09:14 Europe/London, Konstantin Piroumian
> wrote:
>
> >From: "Geoff Howard" <cocoon@leverageweb.com>
> >
> >>Update: It works fine.  I had to try so many different variations on
> >>the
> >>configuration first that I had gotten turned around.
> >
> >Strange... AFAIR, we've agreed to deprecate or even remove
> >'global-parameters' from the sitemap in favour of Input modules. I
> >think
> >that what you are looking for is the XMLModule. You'll find a sample in
> >/webapp/samples/modules (C2.1-dev).
> >

> Is it possible to use the XMLModule in such a way that values from the
> XML conf file can be overridden by request parameters?
>
> I tried using Input Modules before, but always got strange errors from
> the sitemap.

Jeremy,
if there are still problems, please let me know. I'm very interested
in fixing any issues. If a module encounters problems, it usually just
returns null and does not throw an exception. All debug messages end
up in core.log. Most modules are quite verbose on their operation.

	Chris.
--
C h r i s t i a n       H a u l
haul@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de