cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus Crafter <craft...@fztig938.bank.dresdner.net>
Subject Re: Instrumentation Client in Cocoon
Date Wed, 18 Dec 2002 18:03:30 GMT
Hi Johann!

On Wed, Dec 18, 2002 at 06:50:04PM +0100, Johann Romefort wrote:
> I try to use the instrument-client in excalibur to monitor my Cocoon
> instance however I came across
> some troubles to connect the client to cocoon.
> I made a checkout from jakarta-avalon-excalibur, and compiled the
> instrument-client classes, and
> the altrmi client classes. Then I enabled Instrumentation of Cocoon
> components in WEB-INF/web.xml
> and I can see output of the instrumentation in generated
> cocoon.sampledata file. Howver I am not able
> to connect the GUI client through altrmi on port 15555. I checked port
> information in instrumentation.xconf
> and all seems correct, and no exception is thrown.

	Ok, After the enable-instrumentation section there's a
	'instrumentation-config' section that's normally commented out.
	That specifies where the instrumentation.xconf file is, which
	defines which connectors are available and under what port. Is
	that enabled too ?

	From memory, I think instrumentation events are only generated
	when debugging is enabled too. Perhaps check this.

	Hope that fixes the problems. Please let me know if there's any
	other issues.

	I've been meaning to check the client into Cocoon CVS - will do
	that early next week.

	Cheers,

	Marcus

     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
    $:         $$$$:   ManageSoft GmbH
     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
           \_&&&&'
          &&&&.
    &&&&&&&: