cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Melhem <micha...@fztig938.bank.dresdner.net>
Subject Re: OT: Announcement: Cocoon Stammtisch @ Frankfurt
Date Wed, 11 Dec 2002 10:18:55 GMT
On Tue, Dec 10, 2002 at 10:35:16PM +0100, Marcus Crafter wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> >Would be great if you posted pictures of the event with some notes of
> >the discussions that took place.
> >
> >I know I'm a pain in the ass, but you know, I think it would be fair for
> >those (me!) who, for a reason or another, can never make it to Frankfurt :)
>
> 	Sure :) I didn't take any photos but Michael Hartle organised a
> 	camera, as had others, so once they're ready I'm sure're they'll be
> 	made available somewhere.

I think there must be some great photos of Nicola getting stuck into
tremendous amounts of meat. It seemed like the Italian delegation was
particularly hungry ;)

> 	We had approx. 20 people attend this time which was great (last
> 	Frankfurt Stammtisch was 6), in the Dominicus Keller which is a
> 	German style restaurant (lots of meat!).

Dont forget the about the german Beer - Its the required catalyst for any
meaningful Cocoon discussion.

> 	From the 20 we had (at a rough count) 8 committers of various Apache
> 	projects. The others ranged from long time Cocoon users to people
> 	completely new to the project. People were from many different
> 	countries such as England, Italy, Australia, and of course Germany,
> 	to name a few.

Yes it was great, but I was a little disappointed that the US
contingent didnt make it, Ovidiu - where are you ? :-P

> 	There was so much discussion and many different topics I think it was
> 	hard to keep up with it all :) Topics included:
>
> 	o Flowscript
> 	o Blocks
> 	o Cocoon projects in Europe
> 	o Cocoon & development environments
> 	o Avalon
> 	o Apache project structure
> 	o Cocoon build environment
> 	o Cocoon 2.1 release
> 	o Documentation
> 	o Gent GetTogether
> 	o Plus many others

        o When/if to move to a new container (other than ECM) in Coocon.
	o modules/organs
	o Save OnBack with flow/continuations
	o Forrest
	o Fop
	o Many Many Others

> 	After dinner some of us ventured off to the Sandbar for some late
> 	night cocktails - which powered the discussions till closing at
> 	2am! :)

Well, Free Beer at sandbar is good valuei!!! :)

> 	I think we all had a really great time, and it was great to meet
> 	people face to face again.

It was great to meet people face to face once again, one gains a real sense
of community (and a feel for how international the communtiy infact is).
The exchange of ideas becomes very fluid face to face.

Regards,
Michael Melhem