cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus Crafter <craft...@osa.de>
Subject Re: OT: Announcement: Cocoon Stammtisch @ Frankfurt
Date Tue, 10 Dec 2002 21:35:16 GMT
Hi All,

Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>Would be great if you posted pictures of the event with some notes of
>the discussions that took place.
>
>I know I'm a pain in the ass, but you know, I think it would be fair for
>those (me!) who, for a reason or another, can never make it to Frankfurt :)

	Sure :) I didn't take any photos but Michael Hartle organised a
	camera, as had others, so once they're ready I'm sure're they'll be
	made available somewhere.

	We had approx. 20 people attend this time which was great (last
	Frankfurt Stammtisch was 6), in the Dominicus Keller which is a
	German style restaurant (lots of meat!).

	From the 20 we had (at a rough count) 8 committers of various Apache
	projects. The others ranged from long time Cocoon users to people
	completely new to the project. People were from many different
	countries such as England, Italy, Australia, and of course Germany,
	to name a few.

	There was so much discussion and many different topics I think it was
	hard to keep up with it all :) Topics included:

	o Flowscript
	o Blocks
	o Cocoon projects in Europe
	o Cocoon & development environments
	o Avalon
	o Apache project structure
	o Cocoon build environment
	o Cocoon 2.1 release
	o Documentation
	o Gent GetTogether
	o Plus many others

	After dinner some of us ventured off to the Sandbar for some late
	night cocktails - which powered the discussions till closing at
	2am! :)

	I think we all had a really great time, and it was great to meet
	people face to face again.

	There was also talk of the next Stammtisch, and even a 'Cocoon World
	Tour' which sounded exciting! :)

	Anyone else like to add anything ?

	Cheers,

	Marcus

     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
    $:         $$$$:   ManageSoft GmbH
     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
           \_&&&&'
          &&&&.
    &&&&&&&: