cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Punte <steven...@yahoo.com>
Subject Becoming a Top Level Project: Apache - What's in a name?
Date Thu, 05 Dec 2002 01:51:35 GMT

I know this may not be the correct forum, but since
there is such significant discussion of becoming a
top level Apache project, I'm wondering if the name
"Apache" could be re-visited.

In particular, any time (pretty much ALL the time) I
mention Apache, people think of the web server.  This
confusion will probably continue indefinitely,

 unless ......

THE Top Level Organization takes on a new name!

Why swim upstream on this confusion for the eternity ahead?

Steve Punte
Candlelightsoftware
steve@candlelightsoftware.com