cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Tony Culshaw" <t...@cultech.com.au>
Subject SQLTransformer - xml to/from database
Date Tue, 31 Dec 2002 05:18:04 GMT
Hi,

Using SQLTransformer, can someone advise how to insert xml or an xml
fragment into a database column?

For example, I try

<sql:query>
    insert into test_table ( xml_frag ) values ( '<example>of
xml</example>' )
</sql:query>

And all that gets inserted into the xml_frag field is 'of xml'. It looks
like all the xml tags get dropped and only text nodes remain.

I'm not sure, but maybe I should be using the <sql:escape-string/> tag????

The good news is, I can extract xml, with a modified SQLTransformer based
on fix for bug id 14977, but it's not much use if I can't get xml in there
in the first place!

Happy New Year!