cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@dff.st>
Subject Re: Change in <esql:more-results> for postgresql
Date Fri, 27 Dec 2002 00:25:05 GMT
I must have missed you previous posts... :-/

<snip/>

> to:
>   if (getMaxRows() > -1) sb.append(" LIMIT ").append(getMaxRows()+1);
>
> that way, when we will request maxrows=4 the code will limit the query to
> 5 (4+1) and there will be another row that will trigger the
> <esql:more-results> tag.

Hm... this sounds like an very ugly work around. We better check the
loop and the more-results condition.

<snip/>

> > I was checking the code behind esql. I think the problem is related to
> > the new LIMT OFFSET in the Query:
> >
> > If we set the limit of returned rows the database will return in the
> > recordset only the numbers of rows that we requested with the LIMIT
> > keyword. That means that we cannot know if there are more rows. XSP does
> > not know it too and then the <esql:more-results> do nothing.

This shouldn't be a problem since we (already) can get the total number
of rows with a count query. (see the query classes)

I'll have a look...
--
Torsten