cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject build javadocs bug and out-of-memory
Date Tue, 24 Dec 2002 05:55:45 GMT
The 'build javadocs' was failing for me with out-of memory
and this is a reasonably hefty desktop (256 Mb RAM)
JVM: Linux Blackdown-1.3.1_02b-FCS

I found what the problem was. The 2.1-dev build has changed
recently to gather the java source from various locations,
using Ant <fileset> rather than <sourcepath>. This now feeds
javadoc with *.java files rather than just telling javadoc
the path and letting it gather the files. It seems to just
consume more and more memory, and then fall over.

So i just made an experimental commit to the build.xml
using <sourcepath> instead - this seems to fix it.
Would others please try it out.

--David