cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: current status of global input module / variables
Date Thu, 19 Dec 2002 11:21:33 GMT

On Thursday, Dec 19, 2002, at 10:55 Europe/London, Konstantin Piroumian
wrote:

> From: "Jeremy Quinn" <jeremy@media.demon.co.uk>
>> On Thursday, Dec 19, 2002, at 09:14 Europe/London, Konstantin
>> Piroumian
>>> From: "Geoff Howard" <cocoon@leverageweb.com>

<snip/>

>> Is it possible to use the XMLModule in such a way that values from the
>> XML conf file can be overridden by request parameters?
>
> Yes, that was the intention for creating the ChainMetaModule. See how
> it is
> configured in cocoon.xconf and add a similar configuration for your
> case.

Something like this in cocoon.xconf? :

<component-instance
	class="org.apache.cocoon.components.modules.input.XMLFileModule"
	logger="core.modules.xml" name="myxml">
         <file src="context://my-conf.xml"/>
</component-instance>

<component-instance
	class="org.apache.cocoon.components.modules.input.ChainMetaModule"
	logger="core.modules.input" name="chain">
	     <input-module name="request-param"/>
	     <input-module name="myxml"/>
</component-instance>

Then how do you access the variables in the sitemap?
Like this?:

	{chain:/*/my-var} if I want it overridden by request params

and

	{myxml:/*/myvar} if I do not want an override?

Thanks for your help.

regards Jeremy